Vacation rental News
5 customer review tips to increase your holiday lettings bookings
Writing a response to guest reviews and customer testimonials has been shown to be a valuable use of time in influencing new customers to purchase from a company, and to encourage repeat purchases from existing customers. Some holiday lettings companies may consider negative guest reviews to be damaging, but as long as the majority of reviews are positive, an occasional negative review can have some benefits.
Replies to guest reviews can boost your brand
Negative customer reviews can help create more trust that the positive reviews on that website are genuine, and additionally and perhaps more importantly, it also presents an opportunity to show professionalism in the way that the company responds. Remember all replies are making a statement to all potential customers, and so professionalism should be key in every comment.
- For any reply to a guest review, the first point is to be timely. Responding quickly demonstrates that you are both customer focussed and that you value their opinion. It is worth taking the time to thank a customer for making the effort to leave a review. As a review may lead to more online bookings for a company or process improvements, it is seen as a positive gesture to thank the customer for providing that.
- It is important to be polite and respectful, no matter what the customer review said. If the comment is inflammatory, it is key to take the heat out of the situation. A reply should never be written when angry, so taking time away to calm down before writing a response and then some more time before proofing the final version will undoubtedly be beneficial. A calm, dignified reply will be respected.
- It is worth apologising to the customer, showing empathy for their problem. A simple “I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with our property”, may alleviate their feelings and defuse the situation quickly.
- If there have been problems such as communication mix/ups or technical faults, take time to investigate them and remedy where necessary. Explaining this can both satisfy the complainant, and put potential guests minds at ease that the situation will not occur again.
- And finally, being brief is important. If there is a lot to say or it is of a private matter, invite the customer to contact you directly to talk privately, and provide contact details, such as an email address and a contact name.
Whenever we receive a guest review, there is an opportunity to use that review feedback as a valuable way of improving your holiday lettings business and service, as well as potentially attracting new customers. See our new changes to customer reviews for more information on how this can help attract more online bookings on your website or contact us to talk about your options.
Avantio Holiday Rental Software
Stay updated on the latest Avantio Holiday Rental Software upgrades and emerging technology trends for professional holiday rental agencies.
Short Term Rentals: Ultimate Guide to Respond to Negative Reviews
Dreading those negative reviews you sometimes receive for your shor term rental guests? Do not worry, here´s the Ultimate Guide to master those.
5 Steps To Boost Your Short Term Rental Bookings During Off-season
Continue receiving your short term bookings during the low season with these 5 steps with examples and tips on how to make the best off-peak strategies.
Loyalty Programs: What Are the Benefits for My Short-Term Rental Business?
If you are struggling to get repeat guests and want them to become your brand advocates, a loyalty program has many benefits. Keep reading this article here.
Content Marketing: What it is and how can it boost your website?
Content Marketing is the key to rank higher than your competitors in a difficult sector such as short-term rental market. Learn here how to implement it.
PSD2: How Will OTAs Handle the New Authentication SCA
OTAs are already prepared for the new PSD2 regulation and have taken measures for their online payment. Find out how it will impact the short-term rentals.
Interview With Our Digital Marketing Expert, Jorge Navarro
We decided to interview our Digital Marketing Expert, Jorge Navarro to give you some tips and talk about everything digital.
A Picture of the Current Situation With Online Payments
Taking into consideration the rapid changes in the different payment options, property managers have to be prepared to take on these changes.
7 Tips and Tricks to Manage Your Customer Reviews
Customer reviews have to be managed properly in order to get a benefit out of them, we wanted to help you with some tips on how to manage them effectively.
How to prevent a chargeback in holiday rental
Avoiding a fraudulent chargeback is more complicated, but not impossible. It is advisable to follow these measures.