Vacation rental News
Improve conversions on vacation rental websites | P2
Welcome back to the second article in our series on how to improve the conversion rate of your vacation rental website. We hope that by now you have had the opportunity look at the analytics of your website and have a feel on how your visitors move around your pages. In this article we look at 5 reasons why potential customers might leave vacation rental websites without converting and assist you in finding solutions.
Website changes to increase online bookings and conversion
- Mobile incompatibility: With the increase in purchases made through mobile technology, it is not an option to have a website which is not optimised for mobile and tablet users as well as desktop or laptop users. In particular, while tablet purchases appear to have slowed down, the mobile phone market is continuing in its growth stage. What’s more, a website user is unlikely to visit a website after seeing it doesn’t work on the mobile phone, so there are no second chances. If you are not sure how mobile friendly your site is, use a phone and see how easy the site is to navigate or use one of the free tools, like this one from Google. If the results need work, then there are temporary fixes to make it more friendly however you should look for the opportunity to upgrade your website to one which is mobile or tablet responsive.
- Badly designed / lengthy reservation forms: People are increasingly time poor and many just don’t want to spend their precious free time completing seemingly never-ending complex forms. Research shows that conversion can be affected greatly by form length, and this varies depending on the market and the customers – there is no absolute rule on what, how many and in what order to ask questions. However what is clear is that testing the content of the reservation form can affect your conversion rates. Take a good look at your reservation forms. Are the questions short, essential and clear? These can speed up the booking process, and if you choose to reduce the number of questions you ask, you can always ask for further information at check-in.
- Hidden and badly written property searches: Searches are an important aspect of your vacation rental website. If it is not easy to search for a property, a visitor will easily give up and leave your website. Put them in a prominent place such as in the centre near the top, and ask the minimum number of questions to help your visitor to look for their future vacation property. Check-in, check-out, location and number of adults / children are all that are required here. Further details can be collected later.
- Unclear search results: The search results should of course offer the most important information that your visitor wants to know in an appealing way, in order to be attracted to your property. High quality photos, attractive property descriptions in appropriate languages and property layouts can all help customers decide if they are interested.
- Broken links: Ensuring all links work can have two effects, it simply improves the professionalism of your brand, and it ensures that your visitors can make a booking. There are a number of free tools available on the internet, which will check your site for broken links. We like Google Search Console.
One final point on the issue of testing. It is worth asking your non vacation rental expert friends of different social and technological skill levels to use your site on computers, tablets and mobile phones too. Watch what they do and where they go. Listen to their questions. See how easy they find the booking process. Ask them how confident they feel in making a reservation. They will help you understand the experiences your visitors are having.
Avantio provides specialist websites designed especially for the vacation rental market. If you would like to talk to us about how our websites can help you improve your conversions, please do not hesitate to get in touch. Our next conversion article will be available in early November so come back for more information.
Avantio Holiday Rental Software
Stay updated on the latest Avantio Holiday Rental Software upgrades and emerging technology trends for professional holiday rental agencies.
CAPTURE THE FASTEST-GROWING SEGMENT OF BOOKERS
It has never been so easy to set up this promotion now from Avantio Channel Manager. The travel industry will see vacation rental...
How Do I Promote My Short Term Rental Properties on Instagram?
Are you promoting you short term rental properties through Instagram? If you are not, we show you how to do so and give you the best tips.
3 Steps to Start Creating Brand Loyalty Through Your Website
While channel distribution is an important part of your sales strategy, your Website is also a powerful avenue to steer sales and build brand loyalty.
Vacation rental trends and tips by Travelopo
As we announced a couple of months ago, Travelopo is now a Preferred Partner within the Avantio Channel Manager. Discover last industry trends...
Discover Avantio´s new features at ITB Berlin
We are happy to announce that once again Avantio will participate at ITB Berlin, one of the largest and well-known travel fair trades....
Benefit from the Avantio holiday rental developments of 2017
Read our summary of all the changes in Avantio, in the vacation rental software, the custom websites and the integrated channel manager.
Financial support of the European Union
Avantio has been a beneficiary of the Centro Para El Desarollo Tecnologico Industriál (CDTI). We have received this support for our innovative and Research & Development projects.
Avantio Customer Service for Holiday Lettings Agencies
Read about the new changes to the Avantio Customer Service area for Vacation Rental Management Software, and the improvements for your business.
Are your property descriptions attracting your customers? | P2
Welcome to the second article about listing your property portfolio with essential amenities for your target customers.
Improve repeat bookings with Holiday Lettings welcome packs
The vacation rental industry is in a period of fast evolution and growth which means creating greater demand for vacation rental properties through better service and product than the increasing competition. This article looks at Welcome Packs to aid this growth.