Avantio is a technology company located in Valencia (Spain) and Miami (USA) that is revolutionizing the vacation rental business.
Avantio's goal is to provide innovative cloud-based solutions for professional agencies that manage large amounts of accommodations. We provide them with the tools to stay ahead of the market to empower their business, maximize their resources and drive their growth.
We are growing our team in Valencia (currently +100 employees of +10 different nationalities) and we are looking for a backend developer who will take a key role in our team and in the company's vision for the future.
What are we looking for?
- At least two years of previous experience in the position and with technology.
- Motivated, creative, with initiative and willingness to learn.
- Good communication and teamwork skills.
- Knowledge in object oriented programming: abstraction, encapsulation, inheritance and polymorphism.
- Experience in the use of relational and documentary databases (MongoDB).
- Experience integrating third party APIs.
- Knowledge in testing, linting and good code development practices in general.
- Familiarity with agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban.
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience developing software in microservices oriented architectures
- Experience with AWS services such as SQS and SNS
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge in the use of continuous integration tools.
- Active member of a technology community.
- Entrepreneurial attitude
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Maintain and evolve Avantio's products.
- Research, propose and implement system enhancements.
- Design and implement scalable and sustainable architectures.
- Implement metrics and develop ways to improve them.
- Document and design processes, as well as update existing ones.
- Participate in brainstorms on new ideas and ways to improve delivery of developments.
- Improve the way products are developed.
- Follow established company best practices and processes.
What we do offer?
- Offices in Valencia equipped with chill-out areas, ping pong, arcade and sofas.
- Daily fresh fruit service.
- Coffee and tea at your disposal.
- Flexible working day.
- Remote work day (with the current situation we come to the office 2 days a week / 3 in remote).
- Participation in major technology events.
- Equipment adapted to the needs and tastes of the employee.
- Access to training.
- Events organized by the company.
- Intensive working day in summer.
- Full-time contract.
- Immediate incorporation.
Application formIf you are interested in Working with Avantio, please complete the following form.